A Southwestern Unitarian Universalist Conference Program to Support and Strengthen YOUR Congregation
What Can Congregational Consultants Do For MY Church?
- Have you ever wished for outside eyes to help you consider the workings of your congregation?
- Do you need help developing your mission or vision?
- Do you wonder how Covenant Groups could help your church?
- Do you want to define the ways you relate together in your church?
- Do your dreams need to be spelled out more specifically so you can attain them?
- Do you need an outside facilitator?
Congregational Consultants Can Help!
What Are Congregational Consultants?
Congregational Consultants are experienced Unitarian Universalists (lay and clergy) specially trained to assist SWUUC congregations in becoming the best that they can be. Having excelled as leaders in their own congregations, they have been asked by the District Executive to support other congregations. Because of their commitment to the fostering of Unitarian Universalism, they have agreed to undertake this work with only token compensation. Districts across the continent have implemented various forms of this ministry.
How Much Will It Cost?
A congregation is responsible for a minimum charge of 3 hours for on-site consulting.Prep
A congregation is responsible for a minimum charge of 2 hours. Prep includes planning, resource development, phone calls, goal-setting, and email exchanges prior to a consultation. The District pays consultants for addition prep required for specific consultations.Follow-up Report
This fee is charged if, based on the nature of the consultation, a detailed follow-up report to the congregation is required.Travel Expenses
Travel expenses are negotiated with the congregation.Phone/email/video consulting
This fee applies to requests from a congregation for consulting, which can be done electronically.
What Services Do Congregational Consultants Provide?
- Board Retreats (or Leadership Retreats with Board and Committee Chairs) to prepare your leadership to work effectively together
- Mission and Vision to help your congregation articulate its purpose and future
- Setting Goals to make your dreams more concrete
- Covenant Group Training to train facilitators to develop groups that offer ultimacy and intimacy
- Congregational Behavioral Covenants to help everyone agree what they need from one another to effectively live in community
How Do I Schedule a Congregational Consultant Visit?
To schedule a visit, contact Rev. Susan Smith, District Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for her at the District Office (877-216-2986).